Sanford Stadium SkySuites
In 1967, with the first major expansion of Sanford Stadium, the total capacity of the stadium increased to 59,000 with the addition of the south side upper deck, press box, and SkyClub. Several more expansions occurred and, in 1994, 30 luxury suites were constructed above the south stands. In 2000, 20 additional luxury suites were added to the south side, making a total of 50 suites and bringing the capacity of Sanford Stadium 86,520. In 2004, the 8 million dollar expansion project created the north side upper deck and 27 new suites. Today, SkySuite seating capacity ranges from 18 seat boxes to 36 seat boxes. Each suite includes a private restroom and is furnished with two flat screen TVs, refrigerator, wet bar area, lounge chairs, and credenza. All SkySuite guests enjoy a food buffet in their suite, while a dessert buffet and coffee bar are served in the common area on each SkySuite level.
Q: What if I’m not planning to be in town during the official SkySuite stocking (or clean-out) times?
A: Simply call the Georgia Athletic Hospitality office and set up an appointment to access your SkySuite at a time that is convenient for you! You may also authorize entry to your SkySuite for a designated individual. Call the GAH office to notify us, and we will be pleased to unlock your SkySuite and/or cabinet for that person.
Q: I would like my beverages iced down before we arrive on game day. Can you do that?
A: We are happy to ice down beverages on game days in a personal cooler that you provide. Simply notify our office of your request before the end of SkySuite stocking on the day prior to the game.
Q: How early may I get into my SkySuite on game day? How late after the game may I stay?
A: The SkySuites open 1.5 hours prior to kickoff, and will remain open for 1 hour after the game.
Q: Why is it so hot in my suite?
A: Before gate opening, your SkySuite thermostat is set to a comfortable temperature. If you choose to have your windows opened, it is difficult to control the temperature in your SkySuite at that point.
Q: We want to celebrate someone’s birthday or a special occasion on game day. Can you help us?
A: Certainly! If you’re looking for balloons, flowers, a cake, or anything else special, just give us a call. We’re happy to help make it happen!
Q: Can I personalize my SkySuite?
A: We would love for you to make your SkySuite feel like an extension of your home; however, if you would like to hang any items on the wall, please contact the Georgia Athletic Hospitality office so we can make proper arrangements with our facilities staff.
Q: Can I smoke in my SkySuite?
A: Sanford Stadium is a smoke-free facility.
Q: Are children allowed in the SkySuites?
A: Yes, children are a part of the Georgia family experience and are welcomed in the SkySuites. Please note that children must be supervised at all times.
- Food and beverages not provided by the University of Georgia must be kept inside your SkySuite and are not permitted in the hallways and common areas. Please be sure to inform your guests of this regulation. Violations may result in immediate loss of SkySuite privileges.
- To avoid injury, please do not throw any objects outside the windows.
- Sanford Stadium is a smoke-free facility; therefore, smoking is prohibited in all areas.
- All SkySuite Holders and guests are requested to respect the rights of other SkySuite Holders and ensure that all activities conducted in the SkySuite area are done so in a thoughtful and courteous manner.
- The SkySuites may not be used for any unlawful purpose.
- All beverages must be placed in opaque cups and must remain inside the SkySuite at all times.
- Microwave ovens, crock pots, and any other type of cooking unit will not be permitted in the SkySuite.
- The SkySuite many not be used for overnight accommodations.
- SkySuite Holders agree to maintain the skybox in good condition and to reimburse the University of Georgia Athletic Department for any damage done to the skybox other than ordinary wear & tear.
- A Sanford Stadium SkySuite game ticket is required for all individuals, including children of any age.
- None of the SkySuites, SkySuite admission tickets, guest passes, or parking passes may be used for any commercial or promotional purpose of any type, including fundraising (even if for a non-commercial use, such as for the benefit of a charitable organization).
- Each SkySuite Holder and all members of his/her party are responsible for complying with the terms of the license and policies.
The above Rules & Regulations are subject to alterations based on requirements and policies established by The University of Georgia, the SEC, and the NCAA.